Monday, December 09, 2002

Not to brag, but...

Yes, those are the walls of the Old City of Jerusalem, and this view has been provided from the private balcony of our garden suite at the (ta-dah!) Wow! I'd put in a link, but frankly, the web pages for the hotel are very sparse. But this place is swank. I asked for an upgrade from our regular (already overpriced) New City View room, and they were only too happy to put us on the Old City side. Worth every penny. But thank goodness we're not staying here for the duration of the trip. I'd never want to leave, now that I've had their amazing breakfast buffet. There must have been a hundred items, ranging from the huge array of fruits (fresh dates! persimmons! 3 kinds of raisens!) and nuts and yogurt to the smoked fish, the extraordinary bagels and fresh breads, pastries, the hot dish items like fresh cheese souffle...

Luckily, Karen has left me on my own to move us out of here and into our regular digs. And, the fact that the King David doesn't have high speed internet access in the rooms yet means I am eager to find another place to log on, so I can actually cover the things we've experienced on the way here. Huge families, crazy drivers, helpful tourists and clowns, all coming the next time I log on.

No comments: