Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Headed to the Erotic Authors Association Conference

In September, I'm going to attend the first-ever Erotic Authors Association conference.

Most erotica events tend to be focused on the visual: models, fashion, and, well, lots of nearly-naked people. This conference promises to titillate the brain first, and be a bit more reflective of reality.

I'll be part of a panel on "writing queer" and teaching a class on - what else? - the challenges of writing a series. I've often wondered why there aren’t more lengthy sagas on the erotica shelves – that don’t involve magic, vampires and werewolves. The Marketplace series didn’t leap into existence overnight or even over a few years, but is nearly 20 years in the making. I'll talk about character arcs, bibles, making a codex, the dreaded trilogy trap, and the temptation to repeat your first success by writing the same story over and over.

The Erotic Authors Association conference will bring together erotica readers, publishers, aspiring authors, and my fellow writers. It's always a pleasure to hang out with other writers - especially the ones that write dirty, sexy stories!

If you're looking for a rewarding weekend with authors and fans of erotica, I hope you'll join me in Las Vegas, September 9-10.  For more information on the Erotic Authors Association conference, cilck here,

No comments: